CALL FOR PAPERS
Opportunities and Challenges”
Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra (Slovakia)
Czech University of Life Sciences (Czech Republic)
University of Dubrovnik (Croatia)
Danubius University from Galati (Romania)
Jan Kochanowski University of Kielce (Poland)
University of Rzeszow (Poland)
Simon Kuznets Kharkiv National University of Economics (Ukraine)
University of Dzemal Bijedic in Mostar (Bosna and Hercegovina)
University of Tuzla (Bosna and Hercegovina)
University of National and World Economy (Bulgaria)
University of Tirana, Faculty of Economy (Albania)
University of Tetova (Republic of North Macedonia)
International University of Struga (Republic of North Macedonia)
November 17-18, 2022
The circular economy is receiving increasing attention among CEI members as a way to overcome the pressure that increased production has caused on the living environment at the expense of water and soil quality, biodiversity, and climate.
CEI members aim at rethinking the way of producing and consuming by adopting a circular approach, which overall can improve both the environment and the competitiveness of enterprises.
In this scenario, leading academic scientist, researchers and practitioners and policymakers are called to share their research results on challenges and opportunities of implementing circular economy and to design and implement circular economy strategies.
The International Conference on Circular Economy serves as a multiplatform where interdisciplinary sessions, panels, and working groups will present and discuss new solutions for green economy in its three dimensions – economic, social and environmental – in a balanced and integrated manner. The fundamental target to be reached is thinking again manufacturing systems and intervening on citizens’ consumption habits through the technological, social and organizational innovation. The conference will follow up a broader range of stakeholders, policy makers and experts to discuss policy frameworks at the national and regional levels on pro-poor development strategies, to support accelerated investments and refine the policy-relevant messages in order to obtain sustainable development leading to reduced amounts of natural resources used, wastes disposed of in landfills, and greenhouse gas emitted to the atmosphere.
The conference will conclude with a road map to promote practices and mechanisms that are sustainable, in accordance with national policies and priorities among CEI members based on sharing, circularity, collaboration, solidarity, resilience, opportunity, and interdependence.
Topics of interest include:
Circular Business Models
- Circular monitoring enterprise framework
- Industrial symbiosis
- Eco-product and service design
- New practices on remanufacturing, reusing, refurbishing
- Circular supply chain innovations
- Value creating circular tourism ecosystems
- E-business green marketing
- Marketing approaches for circular economy
- Product renovation and repair for prolonged use
- Industrial transformation and new growth opportunities
- Entrepreneurship for social inclusion: business modelling for impact
Innovative Accounting Practices in Circular Economy
- Best practices of accounting in circular economy
- Accountability in circular economy
- Challenges of financial reporting in circular economy
- New ways of auditing of the circular economy
- Taxation reforms in accordance with circular economy
- Accounting ICT solutions for the circular economy
- Redefining value in circular accounting
Sustainable Finance in Circular Economy
- CSR sustainable finance
- Green finance
- Risk and returns of circular economy
- Financial instruments for circular ecosystems
- Assets management and new investment opportunities
- Public finance supporting schemes for circular economy
- Climate-related risk management opportunities
- Circular approaches in capital markets
- Financing solutions for circular supply chains
- Financial expertise to scale the circular economy market
ICT in Circular Economy
- Open source, open data applications
- Computer-based platform for technical, environmental and business solutions
- Digital industry, Industry 0
- Data-driven circular ecosystems
- Digital and climate-smart solutions
Processes and Technologies
- Process design, construction and optimization
- Process equipment, control and automation
- Sustainable emerging low-carbon economy and renewables
- E-Waste prevention and management
- Nanomaterials and nanotechnologies
- Bio-based (green) chemicals, materials processing and recycling
- Wastewater and circular economy
Energy Efficiency and Sustainability
- Renewable energy
- Energy efficiency and storage
- Emerging energy technologies
- Resource recovery and management of circular models
- Solar and Photovoltaic Energy
Alternative Circular Inputs
- Circular textile and clothing manufacturing
- Sustainable management practices of biomass
- Alternative raw materials for innovative bio-products
- Environmental assessment
- Ecological footprint and indicators
- Biodegradable plastic and bioplastic
- Health and Risk Assessment
- Industrial, construction and demolition wastes
- Biological wastes for valuable products
Marketing in Circular Economy
- Circular Consumption
- Green marketing
- Remanufacturing marketing
- Production-consumption-recycling systems
- Digital Marketing in CE
- Neuromarketing tools
Education in Circular Economy
- New leadership training approaches to circular ecosystems
- Building innovation abilities in circular enterprises
- Participatory educational approach to circular economy
- Higher education innovative approached to circular economy
- Design thinking for youth in circular economy
Policy talk proposals
The Organizing Committee encourages proposals for panel sessions of up to five presenters, composed of researchers, policymakers, and practitioners, focusing on a topic of policy relevance. The topics outlined above are of particular interest and will be prioritized, but all policy-relevant topics are welcome.
The proposal should clearly state the policy topic and explain its relevance. It should describe the panel’s format and provide relevant information on panelist backgrounds and expected contributions.
Policy talk proposals can be up to 3 pages in length and should include the following:
- Policy Topic
- Description of Panel
- Panelists and their Expected Contributions
The Organizing Committee anticipates a hybrid conference format that combines a live in-person event, with virtual online streaming of selected sessions and presentations of CEI hosting partners.
The official language of the conference is English.
-Abstract submission: November 3rd, 2022
-Notification of acceptance: November 7th, 2022
-Full paper submission: December 15th, 2022
-Regular Registration: November 11th, 2022
-Late Registration: November 17th, 2022
-Conference fee Eur 40
-Late Registration fee Eur 60
All submitted papers are subject to a double-blind peer-review process. Full papers will be published in the e-book of proceedings with ISBN of CEI partner universities.
Conference proceedings are published as an e-book with ISBN, edited by a prestigious publishing house.
Conference proceedings are published as an e-book with ISBN of University of Nitra (Slovakia) and Danubius University from Galati (Romania).
Certificate of presentation will be issued to participants presenting their research in sessions.
Certificate of chairing a session will be issued to chairs, acknowledging their role at the conference.
Best Paper Award will be conferred to the author(s) of the best paper presented at the conference.